Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day One: Mexican Lasagna

I know, I know, I've been MIA with this blog. I don't really have a good reason, but to make up for it, I am going to be posting a recipe every day this week, starting with this:

Mexican Lasagna

6-8 flour tortillas
1-16oz can of refried beans
1 lbs ground beef
1-16oz can of diced tomatoes
Taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheese (colby jack, mexican blend, cheddar, etc)

 

Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan with Pam or something. Put down 3 or 4 (depending on the size) tortillas on the pan. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas (you don't have to use the whole can). Cook the ground beef with the can of tomatoes (don't drain ALL of the juice away) and the taco seasoning--the kind we have says to use 1/4 cup for every pound of meat, but it varies between brands. When the beef is all cooked, spread the meat/tomatoes mixture evenly on top of the refried beans. Put 3 or 4 tortillas on top of that. Spread the salsa evenly on top of the new layer of tortillas. Put the shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it's bubbly. Serve with sour cream.



SO GOOD.

4 comments:

  1. shut UP rebekah. that looks so fucking good. omg im so hungry. please come cook for me. =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard your voice when I read that comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back. I may have to make this dish...but not tonight. I'm cooking ham tonight (I meant to cook it yesterday, but I forgot to put it in the oven before church).

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am making this tonight, just fyi!

    ReplyDelete